IMA® is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. IMA offers its members exclusive access to the CMA program. We are committed to helping you – and our network of more than 70,000 members – to expand your professional skills, better manage your organization, and enhance your career.
ICMA® (Institute of Certified Management Accountants) is the certification affiliate of IMA. ICMA is responsible for developing, administering, and grading the CMA exam; establishing the policies and procedures for the CMA program; and for ensuring the program’s overall integrity. The ICMA Board of Regents is responsible for setting the policies, and the ICMA staff is responsible for operations.
- Membership in IMA.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Please reference the Education Qualification Section of the CMA Handbook.
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management.
- Passing Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA exam.
The CMA exams are computer-based and administered at hundreds of testing facilities worldwide. With three testing windows each year, you can sit for an exam at a time and place convenient for you.
If you are enrolled in the CMA program and are ready to sit for the exam, here are the steps:
- Register for the exam
- Receive confirmation of your registration which provides your authorization number(s), testing window(s), and the instructions for candidates.
- Schedule your exam appointment(s) with Prometric, our testing partner www.prometric.com.
- Appear for your scheduled exam appointment(s) with the required identification documents.
To locate a Prometric Testing Center and schedule exam appointments, visit www.prometric.com/ICMA.